Ep.3| Measuring Amount and Type of Precipitation
January 05, 2021
Kurt Nemeth & Brad Guay, experts for precipitation monitoring
With Kurt Nemeth & Brad Guay, experts for precipitation monitoring
Measuring precipitation is essential for meteorological and climatological purposes, but also for hydrological applications and local communities. Depending on the application and the place of operation, there are different kinds of instruments to detect rain, snow, and hail. In this episode we will talk about:
- Different types of precipitation sensors
- Challenges of precipitation monitoring in different regions
- OTT Pluvio², a weighing rain gauge with 15,000 units deployed worldwide
If you want to learn more, these contents might be interesting for you.
- Meteorological Microlibrary: This collection of resources gives you an overview over OTT HydroMet's monitoring capabilities, theoretical knowledge, and exciting case studies.
- Weather Radar Webinar: Calibration of cloud radars with OTT Parsivel² distrometer data and its urban application.
- How Does Rain Fall? Infographic to better understand what influences precipitation, as well as water’s different states within the water cycle. Additinally, an overview over five technologies to measure precipitation.
Contact us: https://get.otthydrometinsights.com/podcast-contact-us/